Host-based intrusion detection key to security
Cisco security solutions specialist Eric van Gend says the increasing speed and sophistication of virus and hacker attacks demands that networks become more adaptive, self managing, self protecting, and self healing. “An ongoing strategy from Cisco is to create self-defending intelligent networks.”
“In future, networks will need automatic systems that will be able to respond to virus attacks within seconds to prevent serious damage”, he told customers and partners of Cisco Systems and Internet Solutions in Bryanston yesterday. “There is a constant need to pay attention to security because the world is constantly changing.”
[ Read more ]
- Review: Intrusion Detection with SNORT: Advanced IDS Techniques Using SNORT, Apache, MySQL, PHP, and ACID (19 June 2003)
- Review: Apache Server 2.0: The Complete Reference (2 May 2003)
- Review: Essential Apache for Web Professionals (3 April 2003)
- Review: Network Intrusion Detection 3/e (24 January 2003)
- Review: Apache Administrator's Handbook (16 January 2003)
- Article: Securing Linux (16 May 2002)
- Article: Tips on basic Linux server security (14 May 2002)
By subscribing to our early morning news update, you will receive a daily digest of the latest security news published on Help Net Security.
With over 500 issues so far, reading our newsletter every Monday morning will keep you up-to-date with security risks out there.