Which adware and spyware are the most insidious?
"I was just asked today which adware and spyware are the most insidious by an acquaintance. He asked me if this stuff was really legal, or was it just not important enough for law enforcement to deal with? I know the porn stuff that dials out to foreign countries is one of the more extreme examples, and Gator is well known, but if Slashdot readers could describe what adware and spyware they think is the sneakiest I would appreciate it. Also, any thoughts on whether some of this stuff is even legal, as it is almost certainly not ethical."
There are many comments so check it out, there may be pests you haven't heard about yet.
[ Read more ]
- Software: Ad-aware SE Personal Edition
- News: Students toil as spyware hunters (6 October 2003)
- News: Escape the spyware nightmare (12 September 2003)
- News: Nothing is secret with spyware lurking in PCs (1 July 2003)
- News: Sneaky software hijacks more browsers (6 May 2003)
- News: Spyware - silent enemy (28 April 2003)
- News: Spyware: It's Lurking on Your Machine (3 April 2003)
- Review: Ad-aware 6.0 Professional (20 March 2003)
- News: The Best Spyware Stopper (7 March 2003)
- News: Spyware found in 30% of European businesses (11 February 2003)
- News: Closing spyware loopholes (25 October 2002)
By subscribing to our early morning news update, you will receive a daily digest of the latest security news published on Help Net Security.
With over 500 issues so far, reading our newsletter every Monday morning will keep you up-to-date with security risks out there.