Personal wireless security device, GPS and iMode
TRAXER, a pocket size device for personal security based on Fastrax GPS technology combined with a dual-band GSM/GPRS modem, launched during CeBIT Asia signed in with iMode Japan to be launched initially in Taiwan.
Concept developed and introduced by Mobintelecom Oy, a provider of Wireless Telematics Security Solutions, TRAXER devices are technically developed and manufactured in cooperation with Global Sun Technologies Inc, Taiwanese-based partners of Mobintelecom and Fastrax, and first introduced in public at the CeBIT Asia Trade Fair starting on September 18th in Shanghai, China.
Operating as a stand alone personal security device, TRAXER fits easily in a jacket pocket, weighing less than 100 grams. In case of an emergency, TRAXER is activated quickly by pressing an easy-touch panic button.
[ Read more ]
- Review: Installing, Troubleshooting, and Repairing Wireless Networks (5 September 2003)
- Review: Building Secure Wireless Networks with 802.11 (28 August 2003)
- Review: How Secure is Your Wireless Network? Safeguarding Your Wi-Fi LAN (22 August 2003)
- Article: Lack of Security at Wireless Conferences (6 August 2003)
- Review: WiFi Security (9 July 2003)
- Review: Wireless Security End to End (4 June 2003)
- Review: The Complete Wireless Internet and Mobile Business Programming Training Course (28 May 2003)
- Review: Deploying License-Free Wireless Wide-Area Networks (14 May 2003)
- Article: Positive Identification in a Wireless World (6 May 2003)
- Article: Warchalking and Other Wireless Worries (3 April 2003)
- Article: How to Make Wireless Networks Secure (26 March 2003)
- Article: Interview with Cyrus Peikari, CEO of AirScanner Mobile Security (24 February 2003)
- Review: Maximum Wireless Security (17 February 2003)
- Article: Detecting Wireless LAN MAC Address Spoofing (22 January 2003)
- Article: Avoid Wireless LAN Security Pitfalls (17 January 2003)
- Article: Interview with Jay Chaudhry, CEO of AirDefense (7 January 2003)
- Review: Wireless Security and Privacy: Best Practices and Design Techniques (17 December 2002)
Reading our newsletter every Monday will keep you up-to-date with security news.
Receive a daily digest of the latest security news.