Second suspect arrested for internet virus
Police in Romania on Wednesday arrested a 24-year-old former student in connection with a computer-crippling Internet worm, according to a computer security company that aided police.
The company, Bucharest-based BitDefender, identified the student as Dan Dumitru Ciobanu, a 24-year-old graduate of the Technical University of Iasi, in northeastern Romania.
Police detained Ciobanu in connection with a modified and milder version of the Blaster worm, said Patrick Vicol, a virus analyst at BitDefender. Dubbed MsBlast.F, it was unleashed on computers of the Technical University, Vicol said.
[ Read more ]
- News: Computer virus creators rarely face jail (2 September 2003)
- News: Blaster-B worm author released on bail (1 September 2003)
- News: Experts dub MSBlaster suspect a 'script kiddie' (30 August 2003)
- News: Teen-age Blaster worm suspect may be arrested (29 August 2003)
- News: IIS 6.0 makes URLScan almost obsolete (28 August 2003)
- Article: MS Blaster Worm Roundup (12 August 2003)
Reading our newsletter every Monday will keep you up-to-date with security news.
Receive a daily digest of the latest security news.