Secrets to the best passwords
The use of good, hard-to-guess passwords can make it difficult for a malicious hacker to break into your computer account. Avoiding predictable keywords and using different methods to introduce variety into your passwords makes it easy for you to remember them but virtually impossible for others to guess them.
Here are some tips on creating winning passwords.
[ Read more ]
- Article: How to Use Passwords Securely (22 April 2003)
- Article: Implementing Basic Security Measures (14 April 2003)
- Article: Cracking OpenVMS Passwords with John the Ripper (28 November 2002)
- Article: What makes a good Password? (13 November 2002)
- Article: A Note on Proactive Password Checking (24 September 2002)
- Article: Basic security with passwords (24 May 2002)
- Article: Passwords - The Weak Link (1 April 2002)