Nothing is secret with spyware lurking in PCs
A company CFO sits alone in his office writing up a counter-offer for an acquisition he's trying to push through. Down the hall, a clerk in accounting goes onto the company intranet to check a few problematic direct deposit accounts. And a few floors below, a software engineer adds a few more lines of code to a new piece of software.
They all think they're alone. A security guard stands in the lobby. They all used ID badges to get into the building that morning. Their office doors are closed.
But they're not alone. Not really.
They're every keystroke is being tracked. Every open application is being viewed. Every password copied and stored.
Like many corporate employees, they're being plagued by spyware. And they're not even aware that the problem is out there.
[ Read more ]
- Software: SpywareBlaster
- Software: SpyWare/Adware Remover
- Software: Ad-aware SE Personal Edition
- News: Sneaky software hijacks more browsers (6 May 2003)
- News: Spyware - silent enemy (28 April 2003)
- News: Spyware: It's Lurking on Your Machine (3 April 2003)
- Article: Protect Your PC For Free! No More Excuses! (27 March 2003)
- News: The Best Spyware Stopper (7 March 2003)
- News: Spyware found in 30% of European businesses (11 February 2003)
- News: Closing spyware loopholes (25 October 2002)