Startup takes on WLAN security
AirDefense Inc. will launch this week its wireless LAN security appliance, which includes vulnerability assessment and other features to provide the same level of security for wireless networks that's available in the wired world, said officials of the Alpharetta, Ga., company.
The AirDefense appliance does a complete vulnerability assessment of the WLAN and returns results to a Web-based console. The console manages the network and displays data on the alerts raised by the intrusion detection system, a list of discovered access points on the network and views of the activity on each channel.
[ Read more ]
- News: Could hackers derail wireless LANs? (17 May 2002)
- News: Defense agency using unsecure WLAN security cameras (17 May 2002)
- News: Protecting the WLAN (13 May 2002)
- News: Wireless LANs - Standards and security (8 May 2002)
- News: WLANS to Get More Secure (29 April 2002)
- News: Hacking Through the Wireless Jungle (21 April 2002)
By subscribing to our early morning news update, you will receive a daily digest of the latest security news published on Help Net Security.
With over 500 issues so far, reading our newsletter every Monday morning will keep you up-to-date with security risks out there.