Brit boffin patents 'perfect' password
Martin Wren-Hilton said that using simple printed cards with a unique combination of words and numbers will make people's choice of password more sophisticated.
Employees will be given a card with a list of simple words and five-digit numbers. When they log in they will be asked to enter the number associated with one of the words on the card.
[ Read more ]
- Article: Basic security with passwords (24 May 2002)
- News: Psst. I know your password (22 May 2002)
- News: Turning pictures into passwords (21 May 2002)
- News: Experts envision graphics-based passwords (9 May 2002)
- News: Crackers favour war dialling and weak passwords (29 April 2002)
- Article: Passwords - The Weak Link (1 April 2002)
By subscribing to our early morning news update, you will receive a daily digest of the latest security news published on Help Net Security.
With over 500 issues so far, reading our newsletter every Monday morning will keep you up-to-date with security risks out there.