Top five open source packages for system administrators
This is the final installment of a five-part series in which I introduce my current list of the most useful and widely applicable open source administrative tools. In general, these tools can make your job easier no matter what Unix operating system your computers run.
[ Read more ]
- Review: Linux Administration Handbook (30 April 2003)
- Review: Linux System Security: The Administrator's Guide to Open Source Security Tools, 2/e (14 March 2003)
- Review: Multitool Linux: Practical Uses for Open Source Software (10 September 2002)
- Review: The Practice of System and Network Administration (18 August 2002)
- Review: Linux System Administration - A User's Guide (18 August 2002)
By subscribing to our early morning news update, you will receive a daily digest of the latest security news published on Help Net Security.
With over 500 issues so far, reading our newsletter every Monday morning will keep you up-to-date with security risks out there.