Installing and securing Red Hat Linux
This article details the steps required to install Red Hat Linux on a production server. It covers the procedures necessary to get the operating system from the setup CDs to your system's hard disk (along with the configuration details to remove any unnecessary packages), shutting down any unnecessary system services, and applying any required system updates from Red Hat.
[ Read more ]
- Article: Interview with Mark Komarinski, author of "PTG Interactive's Training Course for Red Hat Linux: A Digital Seminar on CD-ROM 2/e" (16 May 2003)
- Article: Linux Security: Public Key and Symmetric Key Encryption (13 May 2003)
- Review: Linux Administration Handbook (30 April 2003)
- Review: PTG Interactive's Training Course for Red Hat Linux: A Digital Seminar on CD-ROM 2/e (11 April 2003)
- Review: Red Hat Linux 8 Bible (21 March 2003)
- Review: Linux System Security: The Administrator's Guide to Open Source Security Tools, 2/e (14 March 2003)
- Review: A Practical Guide to Red Hat Linux 8 (9 March 2003)
- Review: Advanced Linux Networking (24 September 2002)
By subscribing to our early morning news update, you will receive a daily digest of the latest security news published on Help Net Security.
With over 500 issues so far, reading our newsletter every Monday morning will keep you up-to-date with security risks out there.