Cisco to unveil security products
Lending new credence to the saying, "the more, the merrier," Cisco Systems plans to announce 14 security products and services on Tuesday. The offerings are part of the company's new aim to provide end-to-end security for its customers, including selling more software to a platform that Cisco has rarely touched: the corporate desktop PC.
"Companies are looking for a single, integrated solution in the form of a single provider, to keep control of their networks," said Jeff Platon, senior director of product and technology marketing. "Using three different boxes and three applications to control them is not going to cut it anymore."
[ Read more ]
- Press Release: Cisco Extends Leadership in Integrated Network Security (21 May 2003)
- News: Inside Cisco's eavesdropping apparatus (22 April 2003)
- Article: Interview with Andrew G. Mason, author of "Cisco Secure Virtual Private Networks" (21 April 2003)
- Article: Interview with Earl Carter, Member of Cisco's Security Technologies Assessment Team (STAT) (6 April 2003)
- Article: Destroying a Cisco Router Network: How a disgruntled employee can do some serious damage (26 March 2003)
- News: Cisco updates firewall appliances (20 March 2003)