Hot IT areas: WLAN and security
According to the most recent Trendsetter Barometer from PwC, over 60 percent of CEOs of the fastest growing US companies cite wireless LANs and security applications as the IT areas of interest for the coming two to three years.
According to the latest Trendsetter Barometer survey from PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), 38% of CEOs at the fastest-growing US companies say their IT budgets will increase over the coming 12 months. PwC surveyed 403 CEOs and learned that respondents expect wireless LANs, faster data transactions and security applications to be the IT areas that will warrant the most attention over the next two to three years -- over 60% cited each area as “hot” for IT development. Other areas like global positioning and Internet telephony were cited by 45% and 38% of CEOs, respectively.
[ Read more ]
- News: Wi-Fi alliance tightens security (29 April 2003)
- News: WLAN wars: with N+I coming, wireless products abound (24 April 2003)
- News: ACM Workshop on Wireless Security RFP announced (21 April 2003)
- News: Securing 802.11 transmissions (21 April 2003)
- News: Wireless security grabs spotlight (18 April 2003)
- Article: How to Make Wireless Networks Secure (26 March 2003)
- Review: Maximum Wireless Security (17 February 2003)
- Review: Wireless Security and Privacy: Best Practices and Design Techniques (17 December 2002)
By subscribing to our early morning news update, you will receive a daily digest of the latest security news published on Help Net Security.
With over 500 issues so far, reading our newsletter every Monday morning will keep you up-to-date with security risks out there.