Kevin Mitnick not welcome in the security sector
A top security expert has hit out at claims by convicted hacker Kevin Mitnick that reformed cyber-criminals have a lot to offer the IT security industry.
Advocating second chances for convicted cyber-criminals, Mitnick said: "I think that it depends on the person - what value they bring. Trust has to be evaluated on a case-by-case basis."
However, his words did little to convince Vincent Gullotto, vice president of Network Associates' anti-virus emergency response team (AVERT). Gullotto said: "If Kevin Mitnick turned up my doorstep asking for a job, I'd tell him, 'Sorry, but we don't have any jobs going'.
[ Read more ]
- Review: The Art of Deception: Controlling the Human Element of Security (25 April 2003)
- News: What hackers can teach you about security (25 April 2003)
- News: Much Ado About Kevin Mitnick (26 February 2003)
- News: Mitnick Banned From Security Group (13 February 2003)
- News: Kevin Mitnick soon to be back online (20 January 2003)
- News: Why Kevin Mitnick Worries Me (3 January 2003)
- News: Questions + Answers: Kevin Mitnick (31 October 2002)