Sendmail Critical Security Problem
Claus Assmann posted the following to several mailing lists: "Sendmail, Inc., and the Sendmail Consortium announce the availability of sendmail 8.12.9. It contains a fix for a critical security problem discovered by Michal Zalewski whom we thank for bringing this problem to our attention. Sendmail urges all users to either upgrade to sendmail 8.12.9 or apply a patch for your sendmail version that is part of this announcement. Remember to check the PGP signatures of patches or releases obtained via FTP or HTTP (to check the correctness of the patches in this announcement please verify the PGP signature of it). For those not running the open source version, check with your vendor for a patch."
- Sendmail Homepage
- Slashdot: Security-Fix Sendmail 8.12.9 Released
- CERT Advisory CA-2003-12 - Buffer Overflow in Sendmail
- Slackware Security Advisory - Sendmail buffer overflow fixed
- OpenPKG Security Advisory - sendmail remote root exploit
- FreeBSD Security Advisory - second sendmail header parsing buffer overflow
- OpenBSD Announcement - new sendmail buffer overflow
- Red Hat Security Advisory - Updated sendmail packages fix vulnerability
- Gentoo Linux Security Announcement - sendmail
Reading our newsletter every Monday will keep you up-to-date with security news.
Receive a daily digest of the latest security news.