Klez worm hits US State Department
Hundreds of rogue emails have been sent to victims, appearing to be official material from one of the Department's offices.
A spokesman said that an investigation is being carried out to discover how the worm managed to infiltrate the systems.
Klez only affects SQL servers that have not been adapted from the default settings, which is standard security practice in government departments.
[ Read more ]
- News: Klez worm refuses to die (20 May 2002)
- News: Information on Klez and its removal (13 May 2002)
- News: Chernobyl virus hitches a ride (7 May 2002)
- News: Klez: Don't Believe 'From' Line (1 May 2002)
- News: Worms: who's the deadliest of them all? (30 April 2002)
- News: Klez worm could compromise sensitive data (25 April 2002)
- News: Why the Klez worm just won't go away (24 April 2002)
Reading our newsletter every Monday will keep you up-to-date with security news.
Receive a daily digest of the latest security news.