Redesigning the Net to save it from spam
They mask their e-mail addresses, install filters, create white lists of approved senders and blacklists of bulk mailers. An entire software sector has sprung up to try to defeat the spammers.
Yet inboxes are still bursting with unsolicited offers of prescription-free Viagra, get-rich schemes and pornography.
To halt spam cold, many experts agree, requires a radical technical solution at the heart of the Internet.
[ Read more ]
- Software: MailScanner
- Software: Xyria:DNSd
- Software: Super Webscan
- Software: SpamPal
- Software: Revelation
- Software: Mail Snoop Pro
- Article: WorldCom Announces their Anti-Spam Solution (9 December 2002)
- Article: Network Associates Fights Spam (30 October 2002)
- Article: Spam Wars - Rise of the Spam (16 May 2002)
- Article: Spam: The problems with junk e-mail (8 April 2002)
- Article: The six headed spam monster (1 April 2002)
Reading our newsletter every Monday will keep you up-to-date with security news.
Receive a daily digest of the latest security news.