Waging war on computer viruses
Almost every novel internet technology, from e-mail to peer-to-peer networks, has been exploited by virus writers and vandals keen to cause havoc.
Virus writers are locked in an endless struggle with anti-virus and security companies who are trying to guess which advance will be taken advantage of next.
Many anti-virus companies are adapting their tactics to protect customers and catch new viruses before they do too much damage.
[ Read more ]
- News: Antivirus solutions for Linux (16 May 2002)
- News: Ever growing virus problem (13 May 2002)
- News: Chernobyl virus hitches a ride (7 May 2002)
- News: Music player bug could let in MP3 viruses (2 May 2002)
- News: Melissa virus creator jailed (2 May 2002)
- Vulnerability: Top Ten Viruses Reported To Sophos In March 2002 (3 April 2002)
By subscribing to our early morning news update, you will receive a daily digest of the latest security news published on Help Net Security.
With over 500 issues so far, reading our newsletter every Monday morning will keep you up-to-date with security risks out there.