How you can help 'jam' spam
Everyone agrees: Junk e-mail is a scourge, and something needs to be done about it. Now something is. Movement towards a solution is picking up momentum. But to keep the ball rolling, you need to help. I'll tell you how in a minute. But first, you need a little background.
Like the rest of us, my fellow ZDNet columnist and friend David Berlind gets a lot of junk mail. But last fall, he fell victim to spam in another way. David's personal e-mail server wound up on a spam blacklist, causing him no small amount of personal disruption and pain.
Alarmed and maddened, David struck back, using the sharp end of his pen. He began scrutinizing the problem and writing about it. Along the way, he discovered a problem inside the problem.
[ Read more ]
- Software: MailScanner
- Software: Xyria:DNSd
- Software: Super Webscan
- Software: SpamPal
- Software: Revelation
- Software: Mail Snoop Pro
- Article: WorldCom Announces their Anti-Spam Solution (9 December 2002)
- Article: Network Associates Fights Spam (30 October 2002)
- Article: Spam Wars - Rise of the Spam (16 May 2002)
- Article: Spam: The problems with junk e-mail (8 April 2002)
- Article: The six headed spam monster (1 April 2002)