Nessus 2.0.0 stable is out
The free, powerful and easy to use remote security scanner just got better.
Changes in this version:
- Brand new NASL interpretor, totally re-written from scratch
- Extended the NASL language to support new operators and functions
- Smarter plugin scheduling algorithms, for better parallelism
- New ways to perform service detection - each plugin which positively identifies a service registers it in the knowledge base. At the end of the scan, services which have not been recognized are flagged and appear in the report
- Greatly reduced memory usage
- Support for multiple CVE ids per plugin
- Support for Bugtraq IDs in the plugins
- New port scanner (synscan.nes) which computes the round trip time to the remote host. As a result, scanning firewalled hosts is faster
- Slightly improved the HTML reporting
You can download the program by using the link below.
[ Read more ]
- Software: Nessus