Nearly $7M awarded in spam case
AOL said the damages awarded by the U.S. District Court in Alexandria, Virginia, was the largest ever from one of its lawsuits against spammers. AOL, part of CNN's parent company AOL Time Warner, has filed some 20 of such lawsuits over the years.
"This is an important legal victory in the fight against spam and it sends a clear, distinct message to spammers," Randall Boe, AOL's executive vice president and general counsel, said Monday in a statement.
[ Read more ]
- News: Spam may overtake e-mail in 2003 (13 December 2002)
- Article: WorldCom Announces their Anti-Spam Solution (9 December 2002)
- News: Report: Spam not a problem at work (9 December 2002)
- News: Mirapoint battles growth in spam (29 November 2002)
- News: FTC: where spam goes off to die (5 November 2002)
- News: New Outlook to give spammers the boot (1 November 2002)
- Article: Network Associates Fights Spam (30 October 2002)
- News: No easy money suing spammers (24 October 2002)
- News: Direct marketers endorse anti-spam laws (22 October 2002)
- News: Study finds spam worse in manufacturing sector (16 October 2002)
- News: Spam masquerades as admin alerts (16 October 2002)
- News: Spam fighter defeats junk email company (15 October 2002)
- News: Spam filtering techniques (1 October 2002)
- News: Spam and virus control? (23 September 2002)
- Article: Spam Wars - Rise of the Spam (16 May 2002)
- Article: Spam: The problems with junk e-mail (8 April 2002)
- Article: The six headed spam monster (1 April 2002)
By subscribing to our early morning news update, you will receive a daily digest of the latest security news published on Help Net Security.
With over 500 issues so far, reading our newsletter every Monday morning will keep you up-to-date with security risks out there.