Common security mistakes still haunt enterprises
As enterprises expose their perimeters to customers and business partners more and more, there is less room or tolerance for security lapses.
Yet, there are those e-businesses and corporations that still lack basic security tenets, that are not using adequate firewall or intrusion-detection protection and do not have security policies, said several consultants and security experts contacted by SearchSecurity.com, who identified five common security mistakes made in the enterprise. In no particular order, they are:
- Failure to keep systems patched
- Lack of security policies and procedures
- Lack of a centralized, in-house security office
- Inadequate firewall protection
- Inadequate intrusion detection protection
[ Read more ]
Reading our newsletter every Monday will keep you up-to-date with security news.
Receive a daily digest of the latest security news.