Nagios is a system and network monitoring application. It watches hosts and services that you specify, alerting you when things go bad and when they get better".
Nagios has an impressive list of features that include:
- Monitoring of network services such as HTTP, SMTP, SSH, Telnet, etc.
- Monitoring of server resources, such as disk usage and load averages.
- Real time notification of failures via email, pager, etc.
- A very informative Web interface that makes it very easy to identify problem hosts.
- Licensed under the GNU GPL.
Nagios runs on Unix and its variants and optionally requires a Web server to be installed (for the Web interface).
[ Read more ]
- Software: Nagios
By subscribing to our early morning news update, you will receive a daily digest of the latest security news published on Help Net Security.
With over 500 issues so far, reading our newsletter every Monday morning will keep you up-to-date with security risks out there.