The tool, designed to work alongside an existing anti-virus installation, removes viruses, spyware, rootkits, and fake anti-virus programs from Windows machines.
The new version of Sophos’ Virus Removal Tool includes updates such as:
- Improved scan status information
- Options to run in safe mode
- Ability to run on machines using proxy settings
- Faster scanning times
- Improved malware clean-up
- Auto-update capabilities.
By subscribing to our early morning news update, you will receive a daily digest of the latest security news published on Help Net Security.
With over 500 issues so far, reading our newsletter every Monday morning will keep you up-to-date with security risks out there.