|Date:||26 July-30 July 2004|
|Location:||Portland Marriot Downtown, Portland, OR, USA|
By day, other OSCON stalwarts such as Damian Conway, Guido van Rossum, Monty Widenius, Eric Raymond, Theodore Ts'o, and Mitchell Kapor lead convention sessions and panels focusing on Linux, PHP, Python, Perl, Apache, XML, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Security (new this year), Emerging Topics, Java, and Ruby. At night, event plans include:
- An SCO Moot Court, organized by UC Berkeley law professor Pam Samuelson and Groklaw founder Pamela Jones
- NASA's Jeff Norris sharing how open source software played a major role in operating the Spirit and Opportunity Mars Exploration Rovers, illustrated with pictures and anecdotes
- Larry Wall's perennial "State of the Onion" address
- A talk by Paul Graham, author of the upcoming "Hackers & Painters"
- A sprinkling of award presentations, including the first-ever Open Source Awards presented by the Open Source Initiative and ZDNet
- Receptions with authors, both at the convention and at Portland's inimitable Powell's Books
- FloCon 2014
Organized by CERT - 13 January - 16 January 2014
- RSA Conference 2014
Organized by RSA Conference - 24 February - 28 February 2014
- ICS Summit 2014
Organized by SANS - 17 March - 18 March 2014
By subscribing to our early morning news update, you will receive a daily digest of the latest security news published on Help Net Security.
With over 500 issues so far, reading our newsletter every Monday morning will keep you up-to-date with security risks out there.