|Date:||26 July-30 July 2004|
|Location:||Portland Marriot Downtown, Portland, OR, USA|
By day, other OSCON stalwarts such as Damian Conway, Guido van Rossum, Monty Widenius, Eric Raymond, Theodore Ts'o, and Mitchell Kapor lead convention sessions and panels focusing on Linux, PHP, Python, Perl, Apache, XML, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Security (new this year), Emerging Topics, Java, and Ruby. At night, event plans include:
- An SCO Moot Court, organized by UC Berkeley law professor Pam Samuelson and Groklaw founder Pamela Jones
- NASA's Jeff Norris sharing how open source software played a major role in operating the Spirit and Opportunity Mars Exploration Rovers, illustrated with pictures and anecdotes
- Larry Wall's perennial "State of the Onion" address
- A talk by Paul Graham, author of the upcoming "Hackers & Painters"
- A sprinkling of award presentations, including the first-ever Open Source Awards presented by the Open Source Initiative and ZDNet
- Receptions with authors, both at the convention and at Portland's inimitable Powell's Books
- Decepticon 2015
Organized by Decepticon - 24 August - 26 August 2015
- HP Protect 2015
Organized by HP - 1 September - 4 September 2015
- SCADA Nexus 2015
Organized by Sircap Corporation - 2 September - 3 September 2015
Reading our newsletter every Monday will keep you up-to-date with security news.
Receive a daily digest of the latest security news.