- Define who is permitted to use portable data storage devices and what types of data are permitted to be stored on these devices.
- Establish rules for vendors and visitors who want to attach devices during presentations or visits to the organization.
- Establish virus and spyware protection standards for employees who use home or off-premise computers.
- Establish password and data encryption standards for portable storage devices.
- Establish a reporting procedure for notifying a responsible party in the event that a portable data storage device is lost or stolen.
Reading our newsletter every Monday will keep you up-to-date with security news.
Receive a daily digest of the latest security news.