Topics covered include:
Part I: Scan Types
1) Default scan
2) Nessus scan with admin rights
3) Nessus scan with access to registry
4) So how do we give Nessus that inside information
Part II: Configuration issues
1) Configuration on Nessus' end
2) Configuration on target' end
3) Why not use Administrator accounts?
4) Special account: nessus
5) Enhacements in a domain environment
Download the paper in PDF format here.
By subscribing to our early morning news update, you will receive a daily digest of the latest security news published on Help Net Security.
With over 500 issues so far, reading our newsletter every Monday morning will keep you up-to-date with security risks out there.