The AirMagnet Laptop Trio includes 22 new alarms that address the latest threats to wireless security and performance, including:
- Six alarms that pertain to 802.11g, including the ability to identify pre-standard 802.11g devices and competition between 802.11b and 802.11g clients that negatively affects connectivity and lowers available throughput.
- A new coverage feature that allows network managers to monitor service levels and ensure that they are in compliance with service level agreement components, including voice-over-IP (VoIP) requirements, minimum and maximum user support, throughput rates and other parameters.
- A new signal quality tool that detects signal fluctuations and correctly identifies their sources as malfunctioning access points (APs), multi-path interference or a range of other possible problems.
- The ability to identify multiple SSIDs within a single AP. This allows WLANs to recognize different classes of users, or set up multiple functions on a single AP by designating one SSID for VoIP and one for WLAN data.
- The ability to identify the latest developments from hardware vendors, including multiple radios within a single device.
AirMagnet Handheld 3.0 is the latest release of AirMagnetís 802.11b-based solution for PocketPC devices. Handheld 3.0 includes 16 new alarms, coverage and signal measurement tools. The productís small form factor and locator functionality make it the ideal tool for network managers who need to identify the source of network problems, track down rogue APs, and locate interference sources even in hard-to-reach places.