- The outsourcer (or internal IT department) sees only encrypted data
- Network administrators (internal or external) can never gain access to data
- The outsourcer (or IT department) can still backup and restore data.
- The Outsourcer (or IT department) can still administrate the infrastructure
- Cross administration becomes so much easier. The outsourcer simply receives a list of users that need access to the storage infrastructure. These users are given read-write access to all data storage areas. If they do not have the appropriate encryption / decryption keys for specific data, they are automatically denied access. The Outsourcer does not need to set-up complex permissions.v
- The Outsourcer never has access to encryption / decryption keys.
- The client company retains complete control over who can see what.
Armoursoft is a leading data security organisation, specialising in encription and data access solutions. Company web site: http://www.armoursoft.com.
By subscribing to our early morning news update, you will receive a daily digest of the latest security news published on Help Net Security.
With over 500 issues so far, reading our newsletter every Monday morning will keep you up-to-date with security risks out there.