SMC Networks among other things produce the EliteConnect line which is comprised of enterprise-class wireless LAN solutions. The first product available in the new line, the EliteConnect WLAN Security System, is an advanced wireless security and management solution. This cutting-edge system incorporates advanced VPN technology, user authentication and rights management tools for protecting mission critical data and managing mobile users.
Despite the insecurities of 802.11, the number of wireless networks is growing rapidly. What should be done in order to raise awareness of wireless security problems?
Press, News, Publicity, are the most credible and effective way of getting people's attention. There should be more articles and news regarding wireless security problems.
Your product, the EliteConnect WLAN Access Manager is presented as "an ideal solution for protecting, managing, and controlling your wireless network." Introduce its unique features.
The EliteConnect WLAN Access Manager unique features:
- Lies between wireless clients and the protected area of the network
- All traffic between each user and the rest of the etwork passes through the Access Manager
- Enforces VPN Security
- Enforces Authentication
- Enforces Rights of local authenticated users
- Wireless access the corporate network through Access Points, which are connected to Access Managers. It coordinates Layer 3 roaming with other Access Managers and maintains active sessions when roaming.
The EliteConnect WLAN Secure Server has the following features which set it apart from the competition:
- Fine-Grained Network Access Control by Time, Location, User, Host.
- Comprehensive Authentication Support including LDAP, RADIUS, 802.1x, Windows NT/2000-domain, Kerberos
- VPN Security Support including IPSec, PPTP, and/or L2TP/IPSec
- Convenient Web-Browser based Configuration and Management
- Anti-Mac Address Spoofing
- Packet Inspection Engine
- Layer 3 Roaming Across Different Subnets
- Persistent Session Roaming
- 24/7 Free Technical Support
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
We use programs like AirSnort. However, some of our wireless networking products have built-in intrusion detection and hacker monitoring function. In addition, we use various test like port scan, stealth scan, TCP, UDP scan to make sure the network is not compromised.
Handheld devices are now owned by many people who use it for business purposes, which makes companies more susceptible to wireless security problems. In your opinion, what is a good approach in writing a wireless and handheld device usage policy for a corporate network?
Reading our newsletter every Monday will keep you up-to-date with security news.
Receive a daily digest of the latest security news.