by ChadChad Harrington - Entercept Security Technologies - Thursday, 7 November 2002.
Buffer overflows comprise more than 60% of known vulnerabilities. Buffer overflow exploits are powerful and are the tool of choice for most hackers. Many buffer overflow exploit techniques are available, and new techniques have recently arisen. This web seminar discussed:
- How buffer overflow exploits work
- Why buffer overflow vulnerabilities exist
- New buffer overflow exploit techniques, including the
- "return-into-libc" technique
- How organizations can protect themselves against these threats
Download the web seminar slides in PPT format (zipped) here