Date: June 24-28, 2002
Place: Hilton Waikoloa Village, Hawaii
The FIRST conference brings together IT managers, system and network administrators, security specialists, academics, security solutions vendors, CSIRT personnel and anyone interested in
- the most advanced techniques in detecting and responding to computer security incidents
- the latest improvements in computer security tools, methodologies and practice
- sharing their views and experiences with those in the computer security incident response field
Conference: Privacy Paradox: The Gain of Security vs. Privacy's Loss
Date: June 17-18, 2002
Place: Regal Knickerbocker, Chicago
Given recent events and the upcoming HIPAA privacy and security guidelines, Insurance and Financial executives are faced with the issue of security and privacy of personal information. How can we protect privacy when the focus is on privacy-infringing security measures?
Note: If you would like to visit this conference, mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org because we have few free tickets to give to our visitors.
- Using best practices to create new standards between privacy and security.
- Comply with regulations by incorporating technology
- Strengthen your network security
- Prepare yourself for Biometrics
- Build Productivity and Brand Equity by Inspiring the Adoption of a Privacy and Secure Culture
Conference: DEF CON 10
Date: August 02-04, 2002
Place: Alexis Park in Las Vegas
DEF CON is one of the biggest hacker conferences and deals with various aspects of computer security.Presentations that are of particular interest to DEF CON team are demonstrations, new technology and tools, the release of unique research, the announcement of a new project, or the screening of new videos get priority during the selection process. There will be nine broad categories of talks this year, each with their own track plus a new breakout area for talks that are more specialized or experimental in nature.
Some of the interesting happenings:
- The two break out areas will hold around 150 people each, and will be used for specific demonstrations or talks that would not work well in the really large speaking areas
- This year broadcasting will be held on 3 separate channels of the hotel's internal TV system. One channel will be playing movies, anime, and other kinds of entertainment. The other two will be used for broadcasting the speakers.
- An expanded version of the classic CTF contest, this year will feature more audience participation. There will be multiple IDS systems plugged into wall projectors reporting on what is happening.
Conference: Black Hat Briefings 2002
Date: July 31 -August 1, 2002
Place: Caesars Palace in Las Vegas
Reading our newsletter every Monday will keep you up-to-date with security news.
Receive a daily digest of the latest security news.